GEMI Announces 2018 Board of Directors
January 18, 2018, Washington, DC. The Global Environmental Management Initiative (GEMI) has announced its new Board of Directors for 2018.
Steve Hellem, GEMI’s Executive Director, stated, “It is my pleasure to announce that GEMI has elected Bill Gill, AVP Environmental Affairs, Smithfield Foods as its Chair for 2018.”
“I am looking forward to continuing to serve as GEMI’s Chair in 2018” said Bill Gill. “GEMI provides a unique forum for corporate sustainability leaders to foster global environmental sustainability excellence through thought leadership, world-class meetings, and the development of leading sustainable business solutions and collaborations, and I look forward to working together with fellow GEMI members to advance this mission in 2018. “
Mr. Hellem added, “In addition to Bill’s leadership role as the 2018 Chair of GEMI, we are very pleased to announce three new members joining the Board in 2018: George Racine of ExxonMobil Chemical Company; Joe Lima of Schlumberger; and, Phillip Crowder of Sealed Air Corporation.”
The GEMI Board of Directors for 2018 includes:
- Chair:Bill Gill, Assistant Vice President Environmental Affairs, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Vice-Chair: Mark Johnson, Senior Vice President, Director – Environmental Compliance & Remediation Services, Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Project Chair: Phillip Crowder, Director, Sustainability Services, Sealed Air Corporation
- Membership Chair: Joe Lima, Director Environmental Sustainability, Schlumberger Limited
- Communications Chair: George Racine, Senior Advisor, Sustainability, ExxonMobil Chemical Company
“The GEMI Board of Directors is an impressive group of corporate environmental sustainability thought leaders, and we appreciate their strong commitment to and leadership of GEMI’s mission of creating collaborative sustainability solutions for business,” said Steve Hellem, GEMI’s Executive Director.
For more information about GEMI please visit GEMI’s website at www.gemi.org