The purpose of the GEMI Quick Guide series is to provide a closer look into the methods corporations use to address sustainability topics. These guides feature best practices to address real-time sustainability issues, accompanied by mini case studies from member companies. The GEMI Quick Guides incorporate members’ experiences and support the GEMI mission of “collaborating for sustainable business solutions”.
GEMI QUICK GUIDE: SUSTAINABILITY 101
- GEMI Quick Guide: Sustainability 101: offers a comprehensive overview of how companies today are creating business value from sustainability plus guidance to help sustainability professionals develop, manage and grow their programs
The guide provides a baseline understanding of the subject; offers a simple approach to tackling an often complex, sometimes vague topic; and supports discussion within an organization about how to build greater business value from a company’s approach to sustainability. It charts five important action steps for EHS professionals and executives to consider as they determine how sustainability can bring value to their businesses.
GEMI QUICK GUIDE ON MATERIALITY
- GEMI Quick Guide on Materiality: designed to help corporations understand materiality and its relationship to sustainability; recognize the importance of materiality in defining an appropriate sustainability strategy; and learn what factors to consider when undertaking a materiality assessment. This guide is designed to help companies at any level of implementation define an approach that is ideally suited for their business needs.
GEMI QUICK GUIDE FOR ENGAGING EMPLOYEES IN SUSTAINABILITY
- GEMI Quick Guide for Engaging Employees in Sustainability: designed to provide insight for how corporations can successfully engage and motivate employees to actively participate in executing a comprehensive sustainability strategy. The information and case studies provided in this guide can be used to help define an approach that makes sense for your company.
GEMI QUICK GUIDE FOR CULTIVATING SUSTAINABILITY WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION
- GEMI Quick Guide for Cultivating Sustainability within an Organization: designed to provide insights for how corporations demonstrate and communicate the value of sustainability and activate internal resources to achieve key sustainability objectives. Use the information and case studies provided in this guide to help define a strategy that makes sense for your company. In addition, this guide may be helpful to the broader sustainability community.
- Case Studies for GEMI Quick Guide for Cultivating Sustainability within an Organization: GEMI members have provided mini case studies to share the unique experiences that made their approaches to cultivating sustainability internally successful as well as those that presented challenges
GEMI QUICK GUIDE ON RENEWABLE AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- The GEMI Quick Guide on Renewable and Alternative Energy — The GEMI Quick Guide on Renewable and Alternative Energy is designed to provide insight into how corporations assess and implement renewable and alternative energy technologies. The guide is designed to help companies at any level of implementation and, in addition, may be helpful to companies evaluating their renewable and alternative energy options. The information and case studies provided in this guide are designed to help define a strategy that makes sense for a company. In addition, this guide may be helpful to the broader sustainability community.
- Case Studies for the GEMI Quick Guide on Renewable and Alternative Energy — GEMI members provided the enclosed mini-case studies to share with readers’ unique attributes that made their renewable and alternative energy technology project and strategy successful as well as those that presented challenges.
- Webinar launch via 2degreesnetwork.com — Did you miss the webinar launch of this Quick Guide? Listen and watch it on YouTube!