WHO WE ARE
GEMI is the global leader in developing insights, networking, and creating collaborative sustainability solutions for business. For 25 years, GEMI has captured the vision and experience of global corporate environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability leaders from diverse business sectors through the development of a wide range of publicly-available, solutions-based tools designed to help companies improve the environment, their operations and add business value. Spanning multiple eras of environmental management, GEMI has remained on the leading edge of EHS and sustainability issues and development.
GEMI is an organization of leading companies dedicated to fostering global environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability excellence through the sharing of tools and information to help business achieve environmental sustainability excellence. Through the collaborative efforts of its members, GEMI also promotes a worldwide business ethic for EHS management and sustainable development through example and leadership.
GEMI is unique in that it provides a way for companies in a wide range of industrial sectors to work together in a cost effective manner. Members address strategic and tactical issues impacting progressive corporate environmental, health and safety activities in their companies around the world.
VALUE OF GEMI
- Member-driven, non-advocacy organization with global recognition and exposure.
- Network of corporate environmental sustainability thought leaders from leading companies across industries.
- Collaborative cross-sector dialogue and problem solving on emerging sustainability issues.
- Members identify and share sustainability insights and challenges, then work together to develop practical business solutions to address shared issues.
GEMI’s Global Reach and Impact
- GEMI’s audience spans six continents (100+ countries)
- GEMI tools and case studies are reviewed/employed by:
- major corporations from across industries
- national, regional and local governmental agencies
- consulting firms
- and, academic institutions
VISION, MISSION, AND STRATEGIC GOALS
Vision: GEMI is the global leader in developing insights, networking, and creating collaborative sustainability solutions for business.
Mission: Collaborating for sustainable business solutions.
- Leadership – Demonstrate leadership with transparency and communications.
- Networks – Create world class meetings for networking and collaboration.
- Solutions – Develop tools and resources to solve sustainability challenges.
HOW TO JOIN
GEMI’s vision is to be the global leader in developing insights, networking, and creating collaborative sustainability solutions for business.
Membership is open to any business corporation or industry trade association that is committed to fostering environmental sustainability and EHS excellence. If a member company is in the business of evaluating the activities of or providing consulting services to others, solicitation of such activities and services is prohibited during GEMI meetings.
Members are assessed annual membership dues. GEMI’s fiscal year runs from January 1 to December 31.
GEMI corporate membership dues are $12,500 USD per year.
Please contact GEMI’s Executive Director Steve Hellem at email@example.com with any questions regarding application for membership.