GEMI is pleased to announce the agenda for GEMI’s Winter Meeting –“Materiality Part II: How to Take Action”. The meeting will be hosted by Sealed Air on March 11-12 at its Packforum Americas facility in Atlanta, Georgia.
Below you will find information about the meeting as well as basic logistics to make your travel plans.
TENTATIVE MEETING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, March 11
- (9:00am – 11:30am) Sustainability 101: Participants will discuss the need for leadership development / training programs for future corporate sustainability leaders, and the opportunities that exist for GEMI to address.
- (11:30am – 1:00pm) Tour of Packforum & Lunch: PackForum is Sealed Air’s innovation-and-learning center for generating, sharing and advancing ideas about the food packaging industry.
- (1:00pm – 2:00pm) Reporting of Material Sustainability Issues: Speakers will discuss the growing focus on materiality in reporting frameworks and accounting standards, and potential impacts on sustainability professionals as well as the wider business.
- (2:00pm – 5:00pm) GEMI Materiality Workshop: How to Take Action: The workshop will focus on key frameworks for conducting a materiality analysis, and how companies can apply these approaches to translate information into practical business use.
- 6:00pm: Evening GEMI dinner function (TBD)
Thursday, March 12
- (8:00am – 11:00am) GEMI Forum: Collaborative Business Solutions to Materiality Challenges
- (8:30am – 10:00am) GEMI members will discuss what materiality actually means to their company, and share obstacles faced and insights gained in working through the process.
- (10:00am – 11:00am) In small breakout groups, participants will engage with fellow corporate sustainability leaders addressing materiality in their organizations share common processes / approaches to addressing Materiality, Stakeholder Engagement, and Transparency / Reporting.
- (11:00am – 12:30pm) GEMI Quick Guide Development Discussion: Participants will bring together insights gained throughout the meeting to begin to map out GEMI Quick Guides addressing Sustainability 101, Materiality and additional priorities of the GEMI membership, such as zero waste to landfill.
- (12:30pm – 1:00pm) Lunch
- (1:00pm – 2:00pm) GEMI Roundtable on Current & Emerging Issues
- Meeting Location: The meeting will be hosted by Sealed Air at Packforum Americas located at 770 Atlanta South Parkway, Suite 109, College Park, GA 30349. The facility is located just 10 minutes from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Hotel Information: A block of rooms has been reserved under “Sealed Air GEMI Meeting” at Atlanta Airport Marriott located at 4711 Best Rd., Atlanta GA 30337 (404-766-7900) at the rate of $105 per night, until February 17. Book your room here. *Please note that individuals are responsible for making their own hotel , air and ground transportation reservations.*