In early 2019, the Global Environmental Management Institute (GEMI) and the Institute for the Future (IFTF) began a ten-year forecast project to examine the challenge of doing business in a rapidly changing world, where the definition of ‘sustainability’ is broadening every business wants to build and maintain a ‘sustainable’ business model.
The resulting report “Future Forces That will Disrupt Sustainable Business,” examines four future forces that are external drivers of change that IFTF believes have the power to upend today’s business models over the coming ten years. In this webinar, GEMI and IFTF leaders share key insights from this report.
Links to Other Content Referenced in Webinar
- GEMI Sustainability Disruption Project Overview
- A Rationalist piece on choosing the best words to draw you toward the future: https://newrationalist.com/please-use-full-spectrum-words/
- A CEO Magazine Article on “Reopening at Zero”: http://media.the-ceo-magazine.com/admin/reopening-zero-0
- A Kivo Daily Article on “A Future-Back View on Racial Categorizing”: https://www.kivodaily.com/leadership/a-future-back-view-on-racial-categorizing/
- GEMI-IFTF Future Forces Report (2020)
- GEMI-IFTF Sustainability Map (2007)
- GEMI-IFTF Forecast Forensics Analysis of 2007 Report